ABOUT THE COMPETITION
The Judgment Writing Competition, 2020 has been conceived with the aim to cultivate the art of writing judgments among students to push the students to write judgments. The students are given the feel of assuming the role of the judge. The great strength of this contest is to engage the students with multi-tasking of both creative lawyering and innovative judging.
Note- We will provide sample and guidance to the first-timers for a better understanding of this competition. Try participating in this event so that you can learn something new in this quarantine environment.
It shall be an online event.
At present students/participants must be pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Law, i.e., 3-year LL.B. Course or 5-year LL.B from any recognized college or university or pursuing LL.M from any recognized university or preparing for the judiciary.
In one team, no more than 3 participants are allowed. But, however, participants may seek Individual or Single participation. In one team, participants from different universities or schools or colleges are allowed.
THE JUDGMENT WRITING COMPETITION WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING PRINCIPLES AND PURPOSE
- To develop a judicious mind.
- To apply legal concepts with a clarity of thought.
- To promote the spirit of the rule of law and justice.
- To interpret the law in a justifiable manner with a view to meet ends of justice.
|Release of Proposition, Rules and Commencement of Registration||16/05/2020|
|Last Date of Registration||01/06/2020|
|Last Date for seeking Clarifications||27/05/2020|
|Last Date of Submission||08/06/2020|
|Declaration of Result of the Memorial Round||20/06/2020|
- Winner will be awarded Cash Prize of Rs. 3000/-, & E-Certificate of excellence
- 1st Runner-up will be awarded Cash Prize of Rs. 1800/- & E-Certificate of excellence
- 2nd Runner-up will be awarded a cash prize of Rs. 900, & E-certificate of excellence
- The next 20 following best candidates will be awarded an E-Certificate of Merit and Internship Opportunity with our team in the month of August.
The soft copy of the participation certificate will be provided to every eligible participant.
- It shall not exceed 4000 words (excluding authorities).
- The team is required to cite authorities similar to Judgments of Court.
- It shall be submitted as an attachment in .doc/.docX format and .pdf format with a font size of 12 and line spacing of 1.5 lines in Times New Roman‘ font. The alignment must be justified on A4 size paper.
- The name of the file should be Name of the Participant i.e, the document should be named as Participant name (xxx)‘ and the email should be sent with the subject: Judgment Submission – Judgment Writing 2020‘).
After filling out the google form; https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdFh1qGWG0KExDny1bORe2hcDmSPUHpneil7x1jjrrhOTVpZQ/viewform
Send your Name, Year of Study, Branch, and University details along with the screenshot of the payment for completion of registration, subject of mail-Registration for 1st Judgement Writing Competition.
Rs. 200/- per participant. A team may have a maximum of three participants.
Paytm UPI/ Google Pay on 91-8169516577
GENERAL GUIDELINES: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iVTLtM9FwVNtv71GGR8qMnAuk2v8kLf9
Mail-id- [email protected]
Contact no- +91-8169516577